How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Whether you’re getting ready to upgrade to a new car or simply getting rid of that second vehicle, learning how to sell a car at a dealership is a simple process that offers tremendous convenience. But, many East Baton Rouge drivers wonder, “How does selling your car to a dealership work?” The team at Acura of Baton Rouge is here to walk you through the process, so you can sell with confidence!
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Learning how to sell a car at a dealership may be easy, but it takes a little work to get the best possible results in Ascension. If you want to get the maximum value from your trade-in, it’s a good idea to do the prep work.
- Clean Up Your Car: If you want to impress at the dealership, be sure to put your best foot forward. Wash your car, get it detailed, and take care of those small repairs like windshield wipers before you head in for your appraisal.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Do you have extra features or extra accessories that make your car stand out? Do you have a record of your maintenance history over time? Write these benefits out to let the dealership know.
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: It can be easy to misplace documents over time, so be sure to look around ahead of time to find your car’s title to help you get an offer faster.
- Research Your Car’s Value: You can access free online tools from sites like from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local dealership to value your trade – but keep in mind, they are only estimates and not firm offers.
- Pick Your Dealership Wisely: If your vehicle is gently used, you can sell it at most dealerships without an issue. But, you might find that a used dealership is an easier sell.
What to Expect at the Dealership
You’ve done the research and you’ve finished the work, so now what can you expect when you drive into the dealership?
- Make an Appointment: While many dealerships do walk-in appointments, it’s a good idea to set an appointment to make the process run much smoother. This allows the dealership to get the paperwork ready and allows you to save time.
- Used Car Manager: You’ll meet with the Used Car Manager or a salesperson to handle the sale. After collecting some basic information, the manager will run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: The Used Car Manager or service center technician will inspect your vehicle to assess its overall quality and mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: After receiving your firm offer, you can either accept or decline the offer. If the deal isn’t what you expect, feel free to negotiate using your online research or try another dealership.
Benefits of Selling Your Car
You know how selling your car to a dealership works, but why sell to a dealership instead of trying the private market?
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: It takes a lot of time and energy listing your car online, fielding potential buyers, and inviting strangers to your Livingston home for test drives. When you go to a dealership, you bypass that entire process.
- Lower Your New Car Price: If you’re hoping to upgrade your car, you can use the trade-in price to expand your budget. The money earned from your trade-in will go directly to your new purchase, so you can get everything done at once.
- Save on Your Taxes: When you trade your old car for a new car, you only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
Start Saving with Acura of Baton Rouge
Learning how to sell a car at a dealership is easy with Acura of Baton Rouge by your side, so when you’re ready to get the process started, visit us in Baton Rouge. You can contact us with any questions in the meantime, and we’d love to help you with all of your automotive needs.
More from Acura of Baton Rouge
The 2024 Acura MDX is a beacon of luxury and performance, offering a perfect vehicle for every journey in East Baton Rouge. Its striking design and family-friendly features make the Acura MDX a top choice for those seeking style and substance. Before you consult with our finance experts and explore our Acura MDX lease offers at…
Looking for a stylish crossover that blends luxury and utility seamlessly in East Baton Rouge? Consider the 2024 Acura MDX. But how much can an Acura MDX tow? It stands out with an impressive towing capacity of up to 5,000 pounds. Discover more about its towing capabilities and performance features at Acura of Baton Rouge in Baton Rouge by visiting our…
Enhance your driving adventure with the 2024 Acura Integra – a dream for performance enthusiasts in East Baton Rouge. This premium sport compact, boasting robust engine choices and agile handling, assures a distinctive journey. Even better, the 2024 Acura Integra kicks off at a reasonable $31,500 MSRP*. Select your preferred Acura Integra trim before you take…